The Japan Karate Association of India was setup with the objective
of propogation of Shotokan Karate in India as taught by the Japan Karate
Association so as to bring about a standardization in the Shotokan style
in the country and simultaenously through the martial art of karate-do
establish closer links culturally and socially with the people of Japan.
To meet these objectives, the JKA India Branch is empowered to:
- Open Karate-do Instruction classes to teach the art.
- Conduct technical seminars on instruction, judgement and examinations
for the Instructors of the art of JKA Shotokan
- Conduct demonstrations on the art of karate-do, issue such literature,
produce films or any promotional material
through other media as may be necessary to promote
- Conduct examinations to asses the level of competence of the karate
student and instructor.
- Hold Tournaments to encourage the spirit of competitiveness
and to foster good healthy relations
between the various karateka under it's banner.
- To affiliate itself with such bodies as is necessary for
the propogation of the art and body.
- To foster good relations between the peoples of Japan and India
using the medium of Karate-do as a
means to do so.
- To conduct any other such activities that may be necessary to meet